About Trademark Buy By
Looking to Buy or Sell a Japanese Trademark? That's what we do!
Would you like to sell a Japanese trademark?
Looking to buy an established and registered Japanese trademark？
- 1. The trademark you want is already registered
- ① Contact the rights holder through a proxy ([patent] attorney) to negotiate.
- ② Contact the Japanese Patent Office through a proxy ([patent] attorney) and request it be voided for not being utilized.
- 2．You want to use a trademark right away
Up until now if the trademark you wanted was already registered in Japan;
Both of these processes take time and money and both have unsure chances at success.
Furthermore, attempting either process will result in lawyers fees (and revenue stamp fees) regardless of failure and these fees can not be refunded.
This site was specifically established to connect those who want to sell their trademarks and for those who want to buy them.
Newly registering a trademark can take roughly 9 months from the initial application
to the Japanese Patent [Trademark] Office (and takes longer if there are
complications during the application).
There is also always the possibility the application will fail and the trademark
will be denied.
If you've developed product you'll want to put a name on it as soon as possible and
if you start a company you may want a registered name right away - there's a lot of
situations where you won't want to wait. You want to use a registered trademark
now!? Then this is the service for you!
This site was made to connect you with people who want to sell their already registered trademarks quickly and easily.
We act as the intermediary lawyer so you can be assured the process is comfortable and
We make changing the rights holder name through the Japanese Patent Office a virtual one-step process.
*We will not handle trademarks that were registered specifically for the purpose of re-sale. We will not facilitate trademark trolling.
- TOKAI PATENT LAW FIRM
- Head Attorney: Tomokazu Adachi
- Headquarters: Rendai 6-10, Yonezucho, Nishio-shi, Aichi, 445-0802, Japan
- TEL: +81-120-678-717
- FAX: +81-563-65-6102
- Email: email@example.com
How to use this site
- From the top page find and click on a trademark you are interested in.
- After opening the trademark details page of the trademark you are interested in, click on the "Order Trademark" button on the bottom right.
- Enter the required fields and, after double checking your input, click on the "Send" button to send your purchase application.
- When the form is successfully sent you will see a "Thank You" page.
- We will process your purchase application as quickly as possible and will contact you as soon as we are prepared to proceed with the purchasing and rights transfer process.
- An intermediary fee of 10% of the purchase price shall be charged when the purchase is finalized.
- Aside from the purchase price and intermediary fees; registration and paperwork fees (including revenue stamps) totaling ￥74,000JPY must be paid to the Japanese Patent [and Trademark] Agency.
- A 10% consumption tax will be added to the purchase price.
- Click on the Sales Applicationbutton to go to the sales application page.
- Enter the required information into the sales application form and, after double checking your input, click the "Send" button to send the application.
- When the application has sent successfully you will see a "Thank You" page.
- We will process your sales application as quickly as possible and will contact you as soon as we are prepared to proceed with the registration process.
- An intermediary fee of 10% of the sale price shall be charged when the sale is finalized.
- Aside from the sale price and intermediary fees, registration paperwork must be submitted to the Japanese Patent [and Trademark] Agency; but as a general rule these fees are paid by the buyer.