1. Private Information
Under the context of Private Information, "Personal Information" shall mean personal information as defined under the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law / the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (* a translation of this law can be found here) wherein personal information is considered information relating to a living individual; relevant to their name, birth date, address, phone number or any contact information which could identify said individual.
"Viewing History and Tracking Information" is Private Information which is not considered Personal Information as defined above. Items you purchased and services used, history of pages and advertisements viewed, search terms entered by users in the search box, dates the service was used, ways the service was used, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address of the user, information stored in cookies, location information, and information about the device and software used to access the service are considered such information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
The Firm may collect Personal Information for user registration including but not limited to; birth date, address, phone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, drivers license number, or other personally identifying information. Furthermore, the firm may share personal information such as transaction history and information relating to payments to our partners (information sources, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc; herein referred to as "Business Partners") upon request.
The Firm may collect information about users of The Service including how the service and software was used, items purchased, history of pages and advertisements viewed, search terms entered by users in the search box, dates the service was used, ways the service was used, environment the service was used under (such as the type and model of device used when if accessing the service through a portable terminal, and the available settings used), IP address, information stored in cookies, location information, and information about the device and software used to access The Service, and information on what was accessed and what pages were viewed on The Service.
3. Utilization of Collected Personal Information
The Firm collects personal information for the following reasons:
- (1)The name, address, contact information, payment information, used services and purchased products and the amount of the payments made for those services and products are collected for the purpose of displaying this information to the user while utilizing the service.
- (2)The e-mail address along with the name and physical address of the user is collected for the purpose of sending then user purchase and shipping confirmations and notifications.
- (3)Information such as the name, birth date, physical address, phone number, bank account number, credit card number, drivers license number, or postal receipts are collected for the purpose of verifying the identity of the user.
- (4)Information such as the items purchased, types of services used and for how long, times used, price paid, name, physical address, bank account number or credit card number or payment information are collected to bill the user.
- (5)Information the user has previously entered may be collected so it may be made available against to the user for easier entry or may be forwarded to other services by the user's consent.
- (6)Information such as name and physical address are collected for the purpose of identifying users who are late on payments, cause harm to third parties, violate the Terms of Service or utilize the service for nefarious means.
- (7)Contact information is collected so that The Firm may contact the user when a user inquires about payments, billing provision of service or status of service utilization.
- (8)Any reason related to or which facilitates any of the above reasons.
4. Distribution of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Firm will never provide user information without consent to third parties except under the following circumstances. Provided that exceptions are made to this list for the Japanese Personal Information Protection Law / the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- When demanded by law.
- When the protection of welfare or finances necessitates the release of the information and it is difficult to expediently receive consent from the individual.
- When it is necessary to improve the welfare of the public or the health of a juvenile and receiving consent from the individual would be difficult.
- When cooperation is required by someone to carry out a legally ordained task as requested by a government organization or public organization, and requesting consent would interfere with or impede in that process.
- For advance notification or public release of facts when:
It's included for the utilization of a third party sponsor
It's an item included in data to be provided to a third party
It's provided as part of a process or method provided by a third party
It's provided to halt the release of personal information as requested by the individual
Regardless of the provisions of the preceding item, under the following situations outsiders are not considered ' "thrid parties":
- When complete or partial personal information is handled under consignment in order to carry out necessary tasks
- When the personal information is being provided as part of a merger or for some other reason where the information is to be inherited
- When the personal information is being shared with a specific individual, wherein the specific items of personal information to be shared are specified, the individuals with which the information is to be shared is specified, the purpose for which the information can be used is specified and how the information is to be managed and who is to be responsible for the personal information is specifically named, and the individual who's information is to be shared has been notified, or the fact of the personal information being shared is made available in a way that the individual could be reasonably expected to know their information is to to be shared
5. Display of Personal Information
When requested by the individual that their personal information be released, The Firm shall release the information without delay. However, if by releasing the information any of the following situations arise, either all or parts of the personal information shall not be released and; in the case the information is not released The Firm will inform the individual of this without delay. Furthermore, a fee of ￥1,000JPY shall be incurred for every release request of personal information.
- When the welfare of the individual or a third party or their finances would be damaged by the release of the information
- When it would cause damage to the business affairs of The Firm
- When releasing the information would be against the law [of Japan]
Aside from the above listed provisions, as a principle The Firm does not release personal information.
6. Correction or Removal of Personal Information
If the user believes the personal information collected on The Service is incorrect they may request correction or deletion of their information.
If The Firm deems a request for correction or deletion of personal information to be valid the request for correction or deletion shall be executed without delay and the user will be notified of the action taken.
7. Cessation of the Usage of Personal Information
If the user believes The Firm has used their personal information in a way that exceeds the bounds of The Policy or believes their information was improperly used or handled; upon request of the user The Firm shall perform an investigation without delay and if an infringement is found The Firm shall immediately cease usage of said information and shall delete that information if deemed necessary and will notify the user of the action taken. However, in the event the cessation of usage of personal information would result in an excessive cost or in the event the usage of personal information is contingent on protecting the rights or income of the user a separate procedure shall be considered and implemented.
The Policy may be changed at the discretion of The Firm without notifying the user.
9. Contact Information
Company Name: TOKAI PATENT LAW FIRM
6-10 Rendai, Yonezu
Nishio, Aichi 445-0802